Lavender Jasmine Butter Cake
Lavender Jasmine Italian Butter Cake
- 5oz. Kvas Lavender Jasmine Simple Syrup
- 2 Cups of Sifted, All Purpose Flour
- 2 Cups of Granulated White Sugar
- 5 Eggs (seperated)
- 1 1/4 Cups of Softened Salted Butter
- 1/2 tsp. Vanilla
- 1 1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1 cup Butter Milk
- 273 mL. Whipping Cream
- Preheat oven to 325 F
- Chop butter into small pieces and add to a mixing bowl.
- Add sugar, and baking soda to another bowl and mix.
- Add sugar/baking soda mixture to butter and mix with either a standing mixer, handheld mixer or your good ol'fashioned hands.
- Add egg yolks one at a time and mix into sugar mixture.
- Gradually add Vanilla & Buttermilk to sugar mixture and mix in.
- Add 3oz. Kvas Jasmine Lavender Simple Syrup to mixture and mix in.
- Sift flour into mixture and incorporate until you have a wet gooey kind of batter.
- Beat egg-whites until fluffy with whisky and hand-mixer and gradually fold into batter.
- Pour batter into lightly greased baking pan of your choice.
- Set timer for 30 minutes and bake until top of cake is a dark golden brown.
- Whip the whipping cream with the remaining 2 oz. of Kvas Lavender Simple Syrup.
- When cake is finished, remove from oven and allow to cool for 20 minutes.
- Add whip cream topping and garnish with dried lavender and lemon zest.
Enjoy with friends & family :)
Amy and Zac Kvas