Kvas Old Fashioned Toffee Meringue Kisses
Kvas Old Fashioned Syrup is made with hickory, clove, vanilla bean, brown sugar, cinnamon and a whole lot of love. We put the holiday spice in the syrup to give you the perfect after dinner treat to serve along your favourite whisky or amaro!
- 6 egg whites
- 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup Kvas Northern Maple Old Fashioned Simple Syrup
- 1/2 tsp. cream of tartar
- 1 oz. Whisky
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
How to make them!
1) Preheat oven to 250 F (120C)
2) Whisk/Whip Egg Whites with cream of tartar until soft peaks form.
3) Gradually whisky in sugar until glossy peaks begin to form.
4) Add in whisky, and gradually whisk in Kvas Northern Maple Old Fashioned Simple Syrup
5) Place meringue mixture in a piping bag or zip-lock bag and cut the corner.
6) Line a baking sheet with wax-paper and pipe meringue in small kisses leaving at least 1/2-inch in between (you can get funky with shapes if you want!)
7) Place in oven and bake for 38 minutes or until golden brown and firm to touch.
8) Crack oven door, and leave meringue kisses to settle for 45-minutes to an hour.
9) Use a firm spatula and remove kisses from paper.
10) Store in a sealed mason jar or Tupperware, and serve to your best friends and family!
-Amy and Zac Kvas